Blu Cigs Review by Lula Wilks
I had my first run in with Blu Cigs in the airport during a long layover. One of the mechanics was leaned against a wall, taking a long drag from an electronic cigarette. I knew a little about e-cigs from David, who at the time was still hounding me to make the switch from my familiar Virginia Slims. Still, this guy’s cig caught my eye because of the blue tip. With each drag, the tip of his e-cig lit up like a tiny blue Christmas light.
Fast forward to a couple of months later and after a little convincing from David, I agreed to try Blu Cigs for two weeks and write a review. Things started out great as I browsed their website. The design was really easy to navigate and they made the selections pretty easy to choose from. I decided to order the starter kit in black (you can choose black or white). The black kit just seemed a little more mysterious and plus, it seemed like smoking a black cig would be a little more discreet in public places. I was pleasantly surprised to see that Blu had really reasonable prices compared to some of the other e-cig companies. The checkout process was easy enough and I scored free shipping as an added perk.
My kit arrived in the mail four days after I placed of my order. As I unpacked my box, I made a note of everything that was included in the starter kit:
- 1 Blu Pack (Great sleek design!)
- 2 batteries
- 1 wall charger
- 1 USB charger
- 5 Cherry Crush 8 mg Cartridges
Right off the bat, I loved the Blu Pack. It is basically a portable battery charger and it holds 5 cartridges at a time. It is the perfect size to stick in my purse so it’s easy to grab when I get a break between flights. I loved having my cigs all charged and ready whenever I needed a smoke. After everything was charged up, I decided to give the Blu a try.
Honestly, I wasn’t expecting much at this point. Sure, the charger pack looked cool and the cartridges had the neat blue LED tip, but I just knew it wasn’t going to taste good. I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised though. The “Cherry Crush” flavor was kind of tangy at first. It reminded me of a piece of cherry taffy. The smoke was smooth and overall, the experience curbed my nicotine craving and left me with a good sweet taste in my mouth. Blu Cigs really impressed me, even though I was a major skeptic. Ultimately, I know I will always smoke Virginia Slims when I can. Still, I think that I could definitely be happy using Blu Cigs at times as well.
Find Us on Google +1
Like Us Facebook
- Call e-cigarettes nicotine sticks, urge campaigners - The Times (subscription)
- The Health Claims Of E-Cigarettes Are Going Up In Smoke - Forbes
- Second-hand Smoking: E-Cigarettes Release More Toxic Metals than ... - Headlines & Global News
- India mulls blanket ban on e-cigarettes - Economic Times
- Big Tobacco's E-Cigarette Push Gets a Reality Check - Wall Street Journal
- World Health Organization Urges Stronger Regulation of Electronic Cigarettes - New York Times
- UN Health Agency Urges Crackdown on E-Cigarettes - ABC News
- Public Health Officials Should Embrace E-Cigarettes - Daily Caller
- Smoke on a Plane: E-Cigarettes Ignite Controversy - Yahoo Travel
- Safe or not? More studies examine the risk of electronic cigarettes - myfox8.com